Monday, March 2, 2015

Countdown - MTC, Provo, Utah

We received our travel plans this past Thursday and I going to Argentina straight-a-way. I leave the MTC for the SLC airport next Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. The flight out of SLC leaves at 11:00 a.m. to Atlanta, GA. We will land around 1:50 p.m. PDT, That is when I am supposed to call you, so be ready. Then we go to Buenos Aires early in the morning on Tuesday. I am super excited.

I ran into Brother and Sister Young this week, I was in the cafeteria and this lady jumps up from her seat, gets in to a tackling position, and just attacks me, I mean she hugged me, and she is not supposed to do that (she apologized the next day).  It was fun chatting with her though.

On Sunday I ran into Packer's MTC Branch President and he told me how much he really liked Packer and then he says, "You know how missionaries scratch their names on the bottom of their desks,"(you are not supposed to do that obviously)  and I was like, "yeah, did my brother do that," and he's like "kind of." He then tells me how Packer had taped a note to the bottom of his desk, a note of encouragement to future missionaries. Packer wrote something like, I know the language is tough, but if you place your trust in our Savior all things are possible. Now that is just a summary, but Packer's MTC Branch President told me that they read it to all their new districts. So yeah, that is pretty cool. They call it "Elder Blazzard's Words of Encouragement".

Well it was a fun week and our zone received a new district with six elders and four hermanas,

Just got out of Alma,
   48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We
do not doubt our mothers knew it.

Thanks, Mom, for your testimony.

Con Amor,  Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment