Monday, August 17, 2015

Transfer to Trenque Lanquen


Well this week was crazy. On Monday night I received a call from my Zone Leader about a emergency transfer. I was to go to Trenque Lanquen the next day. It was 10:00 p.m. at night when I received the call so I had to pack that night. I was able to finally get to sleep at 2:00 a.m. in the morning. Zone Conference was scheduled for Tuesday so I attended that meeting for the day until 4:00 p.m. and then I went to the Zone Leader's area to work until my bus was scheduled to depart. We did just get to the bus terminal in time to catch my bus headed up north.  I met my new companion, Elder A from Chile, he was in my group that entered the mission, so he has the same time out serving as me. He and I are white washing this area.


The bus ride was like 5 hours night and was pretty bad. When we got to Trenque Lanquen, there was nobody there to greet us, so we spent the night in the bus terminal. I know, crazy. We were awoken by our new Zone Leaders and they were really sorry. We stayed in that area for two days then we went to our area, Carlos Casares, , which was another 2 hours. Our apartment is awesome because it is like a hotel. Just super nice and it has an elevator.

Our branch has five (5) active members and we meet in an old department store. It's expensive here and we never get fed so it's going to be tough, but we'll be okay. One day, as we were headed up the elevator my companion pushes the emergency stop button for fun because our Zone leader did when they dropped us off and the elevator starting working again, but this time it didn't so we got stuck in an elevator. We called and help which came pretty fast so that was good.

Well everything has seemed to calm down now, so I'm good and I'm liking my new house and area, plus my Spanish is getting a lot better, because my companion doesn't speak English.

Con Amor
Elder Blazzard



No comments:

Post a Comment